Employee Misconduct Investigations
For most businesses the management of employee conduct is pretty straight forward. However in some cases employees become involved in wrongful, improper and in some cases, illegal conduct that can disrupt the business and its operations.
At CIS we are highly experienced in working with some of the most common workplace improprieties.
A few of the most common examples:
- An employee is verbally abusive toward another employee or customer.
- An employee embezzles funds for personal use.
- An employee sexually harasses a co-worker, vendor or customer
- An employee taking proprietary information, intellectual property or trade secrets and using them in a non-approved manner
- An employee starts their own business that directly competes with their employer (an example of a “conflict of interest”)
- An employee becomes physically aggressive or makes threatening remarks
Our experienced investigators have dealt with each of the issues mentioned above and have helped employers respond to emergencies stemming from employee misconduct.